Subject: Re: Blind
From: Ian Quittner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 15 May 1997 12:00:49 -0400

Mahalo,

I unfortunately chose a poor way to express myself. I do not intend to
physically blind fish but keep them in a condition that does not allow
the photoreceptor's to function.  As an FIT alumni you know how resource
limited grad students are.  I need to be able to film Eucinostomus gula
feeding without vision.  I am looking at the photoreceptor mosaic,
density, ellipsoid width etc and the peculiar anal spine - swim bladder
- inner ear connection they possess.  I am curious as to how visually
and aurally they are driven while locating infaunal prey.

Sincerely,

Ian