Subject: Help with posting
From: "Matthew S. Grober" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 1 May 1997 11:16:09 -0700

>Date: Thu, 01 May 1997 14:04:44 -0400 (EDT)
>From: Angie Jackmin <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Help with posting
>To: [log in to unmask]
>
>Dear Prof Grober:
>
>Through various sources, we received a request from someone named "Serge"
>who posted a request through the FISH-ECOLOGY list for digital records of
>fish voices and sounds.  We, at the Library of Natural Sounds are unable to
>post to that list. Would you be so kind to post the following information
>from Andrea Priori the User Services Coordinator/Engineer at the Library of
>Natural Sounds, and, hopefully, Serge will get the information. Thank you.
>
>Subject:  Fresh Water Fish Recordings
>
>The Library of Natural Sounds at the Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology has
>one recording of the Queen Triggerfish (Ballistes vetula).  The recording
>was made in Florida on the 29th of March 1962 and consists of rasping
>grunts.  You may want to check with Borror Laboratory of Bioacoustics at
>Ohio State University.  Contact: Sandra L. L. Gaunt.  They list recordings
>of the following:  Black Bullhead (Ictalurus melas) 4 recordings; Catfish
>(Acanthodoras raffnel 1 recording; Catfish (South Amer.) (Hyposdtomus
>plecostomus) 1 recording.  Hope this information helps.
>
>The web address for the Library of Natural Sounds is <www.ornith.cornell.edu>.

Matthew S. Grober
Assistant Professor of Physiology
Department of Life Sciences
Arizona State University West                Phone: (602) 543-6939
4701 W. Thunderbird Rd.                        FAX: (602) 543-6073
Phoenix, AZ  85069-7100                     E-mail:[log in to unmask]

http://lsvl.la.asu.edu/zoology/faculty/grober.html

"No human being was ever so free as a fish."
                            John Ruskin