Message from BENTE WOLFF

Ulla Hasager <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 22 Jul 1997 16:20:39 -1000

TEXT/PLAIN

Aloha to you all - Ulla

Bente sent me a fax and asked me to mail out the following message:

Dear Friends!

I don't know where in the world you are. Hopefully not in your offices to
read this, but instead enjoying the Nordic or other summer or maybe doing
field work in some small tropical island like me. I'm very fine here in
Nias and far more comfortable than in previous field sites, so time has
been flying and it's hard to believe that I'll go back in less than 2
months. Since Ulla has to retype this I won't tell you any stories from
here (although there are plenty), but go straight to business:

I don't know who honored me by putting my name on the ballot for the ESfO
board. But I have not had a chance to confirm and have to decline. I've
spent so much of my Ph.D. time on the ESfO already, I'm delayed and
I've made a promise to finish my project on time (otherwise I wouldn't
have gotten the project at all). So please get my name off the list, and
if this is too late, I'll pass on any votes to Edvard and Ton.

I'll be back by mid-September after going through the heeeeaaaaavy
Indonesian bureaucracy to get my exit permit (34 visits to public offices
when I arrived, and before leaving I need to go back to all the same
offices to get my exit permit).

All the best - Bente

Bente can be reached via fax in Nias +62 630 21250