Subject: Re: Implementations of MHTML
From: Einar Stefferud <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 17 Aug 1997 00:20:07 -0700

Great news regarding IE4 and N*4 supporting MHTML!

Now, we are bnot going to immediately beging detailed tracking of
feature adn function implementation, and evaluation of their
interworking, but we need to prepare to complete this cataloging and
evaluating as we approach advancing from Proposed to Draft Stendard
Status.

Our plan is to recycle at Proposed in October, whcih means that we
shoudl be able to advance to Draft Standard around the time of the
spring '98 IETF meeting, so let's target the period between the
December IETF in WAshington and the Spring IETF for this feature
cataloging and specific interworking evalution.

Between now and December, we need to complete recycling, and then
build up the list of relevant features and functions to be monitored
after the December IETF.

This is just an early warning to get you all in the right frame of
mind.  Should we consider organizing some kind of virtual
connect-a-thon over the Internet?  Should be build up a library of
test cases?  Perhaps mounted on some site where anyone can send a
generated test message and get back a pass/fail/diagnosis response?

Or, going the other way, request a test MHTML message to be received.

Any suggestions about how we can proceed with our interoperability
testing and documenting, when the toime comes to get it done?

Cheers...\Stef