Subject: Re: Implementations of MHTML
From: Jamie Zawinski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 17 Aug 1997 13:21:56 -0700

Einar Stefferud wrote:

> This is just an early warning to get you all in the right frame of
> mind.  Should we consider organizing some kind of virtual
> connect-a-thon over the Internet?

That's worked nicely for S/MIME.  The end result was a chart of
products known to interoperate with each other.  (Of course, you
need more than two participants for it to make sense...)

> Should be build up a library of test cases?  Perhaps mounted on some
> site where anyone can send a generated test message and get back a
> pass/fail/diagnosis response?
>
> Or, going the other way, request a test MHTML message to be received.

A set of test cases would be great, but I don't think there's much need
to automate the process.  If there were just a collection of messages
sitting on a server somewhere that demonstrated some of the hairier
constructions, that would go a long way.

        == Jamie

PS: please fix the list software to not point Reply-To back at the
list.  It's wrong.  See http://www.unicom.com/FAQ/reply-to-harmful.html