Subject: Re: More on wrongly(?) formatted urls
From: Albert Lunde <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 21 Aug 1997 10:14:16 CDT

> Do we really want to propose a method that has that many
> ifs and whens? Do we assume implementors will all get all
> these things right? I seriously doubt it.

I'd also agree with this. The RFC 2047 encoding seems to be
unambigous, and it's something people writing e-mail software
will have to do anyway. The %HH encoding of URLs is tied
up with the notion of reserved characters and semantics
in a way that causes trouble. You can't just apply it
as a transport "wrapper" and undo it later.

--
    Albert Lunde                      [log in to unmask]