Subject: Re: More on wrongly(?) formatted urls
From: Einar Stefferud <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 24 Aug 1997 22:27:54 -0700

Fine Larry -- I agree with you.

Can you suggest better specific language than mine?

I need all the help I can get;-)...\Stef

From your message Sun, 24 Aug 1997 21:11:37 PDT:
}
}I don't think the standard should make normative statements ("MUST" and
}"MUST NOT") in the middle of what is actually just implementation
}advice.
}
}The standard is about what you MUST or MUST NOT send. We're saying
}that you MUST send URLs that are consistent with the body of the
}text, and then we give a couple of different ways of implementing
}it. You can recommend one over the other, but why don't you avoid
}trying to mandate which of three methods to use when there are
}lots of possibilities for how to fix up stuff that's broken.
}
}Larry
}--
}http://www.parc.xerox.com/masinter