Subject: Re: WG Last Call Comments on <draft-ietf-mhtml-rev-03.txt>
From: Einar Stefferud <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 11 Nov 1997 08:52:41 -0800

Hi Nick -- It seems that LAST CALLS have their value in that they
force action, but I fear that all your comments at this point are
going to delay our completion.

But, I do not sense a dire consequence of some delay, and I do sense a
need to get it right this time.  If we do not get it to IESG LAST CALL
before the IETF meeting, then we will have to get it there right
after.  I think this will meet our published deliverable date.

So, lets get all the issues out on the table and have at it right now.

I agree that a thorough copyediting would be a good idea.  Do we have
a volunteer person or team to do it?  Jacob's first language is not
English, so I feel it is proper to offer him some copy editing help.

We are asking too much of Jacob to expect perfect English text from
him.  Alex Hopmann serving as a co-editor helps with this, but maybe
we need another person or to to join the copy editing team.

Of course Nick, by proposing this action, you put yourself directly in
line to volunteer;-)...  If we are going to do it, we need a motivated
volunteer.

Cheers...\Stef