Subject: Re: WG Last Call Comments on <draft-ietf-mhtml-rev-03.txt>
From: Jacob Palme <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 16 Nov 1997 10:25:57 +0100

At 08.52 -0800 97-11-11, Einar Stefferud wrote:
> I agree that a thorough copyediting would be a good idea.  Do we have
> a volunteer person or team to do it?

If someone wants to make a very detailed copy-editing, it would be
an advantage if I send them my original text in Microsoft Word format,
and you edit that one and not the plain text version. Then I will not
have to manually move all changes back to my original.

> Jacob's first language is not
> English, so I feel it is proper to offer him some copy editing help.

There can also be an advantage with a non-English native as writer
of a standard. Such a person will tend to avoid unusual or complex
expressions and use a simpler language. One thing I like about IETF
standards compared to OSI standards is the simpler and more direct
language.