Subject: Re: New version of the MHTML ietf draft
From: Einar Stefferud <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 21 Nov 1997 15:24:59 -0800

Writing as MHTML Chair:

It seems to me that Nick and Jacob have resolved their differneces.

But, we have not yet received Alex's revisions, so we either have to
ignore Alex's efforts when we get them, or we have to ask him to fold
his work into the just released new drafts, or we have to consider
them side by side with the new drafts.

All this is going to take some time, but I feel it is worth it to be
sure that we have a really solid text and seriously considered
consensus that everyting we are putting forward is GOOD STUFF.

Lets take the time to get it really right, and avoid another recycle.

So, I expect that we will either receive Alex's new proposed text
immediately, and then resolve the issues he raises on the list before
IETF, or we will have to put it on the agenda for our IETF and further
review it all on the list after IETF.

I guess out last call has not succeeded in obtaining closure;-)...

Cheers...\Stef