Subject: Implementation status form
From: Jacob Palme <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 5 Nov 1997 13:12:54 +0100

I have produced a first draft of a form which can be used to report
the status of implementations. The form can be found at URLs

In HTML format (HTML table, not an HTML form!):
http://www.dsv.su.se/~jpalme/ietf/mhtml-impl-status-v1.html

In RTF format:
http://www.dsv.su.se/~jpalme/ietf/mhtml-impl-status-v1.rtf

*Do not fill in the form now*. Instead, give comments on its content.
How detailed should such a form be? To what extent are companies
willing to tell what they will and will not implement? Best for
IETF work is of course if companies are willing to report, but
I can understand if some are not willing or might prefer a shorter
and simpler form, in order not to divulge so much of their companies
plans.

Is there any mistakes in the form? Or missing features?

I will be travelling, not reachable by mail, next week. When I
come back, I will check your replies, modify the form, and submit
a final version to be filled-in. If there is not much disagreement,
I plan to submit a revised form on November 16 to be filled in
before the end of November, and then summarize the results before
the December meeting with IETF.