Subject: Re: ISSUE: Multiple content-location headers
From: Einar Stefferud <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 10 Nov 1997 19:46:42 -0800

Hi Alex -- Your issue is on the table for MHTML discussion.
Jacob is on travel without net access, so we must work on this
without him;-)...

Hopefully your assessment of substantive isses is correct, so we mihgt
be done with the current drafts as soon as we resolve this issue.

Cheers...\Stef

From your message Mon, 10 Nov 1997 18:09:10 -0800:

}I forget whether we have already discussed this in the past, but since
}its the only substantial issue that I found in the latest revision of
}the core MHTML draft, I thought I should bring it up right away.
}
}draft-ietf-mhtml-rev-03 says "There MUST only be a single
}Content-Location header in each message or content-heading". I'm not
}sure I see the need for this restriction. In fact, it might be really
}useful to be able to send one body part labeled as:
}
}
}If you knew that those three URLs were the same thing (by checking
}the actual data, etc).
}
}Note that this language to restrict to a single Content-Location
}header is new since RFC 2110.
}
}My proposal is to change the text to allow multiple Content-Location
}headers. For the purposes of determining the correct Content-Base we
}would specify that you only look at the first one.
}
}Please post ASAP what you think about this issue- I would like to
}resolve it before the drafts deadline (which gives us less than a
}week).
}
}  Alex Hopmann Microsoft Corporation