Subject: Re: Does MHTML WG want to meet in Chicago and the 42nd IETF?
From: Einar Stefferud <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 10 Jun 1998 19:45:05 -0700

Hello Jacob;-)...

Yes, please do something to stimulate some discussion.

I am sure the InFO draft has value, but we need to see a demonstratin
of the fact and get a consesnus agreement that it shoudl be published
as an MHTML WG work product.

Else, you might as well just published it as your own product and
clearly state in it that it is your work and not the work of any IETF
WG.  It should however note the facts regarding that you developed it
concurrent with the standards documents while serving as Lead Editor
for the standards documents.

If we cannot get list activily in support of a WG product, then we
should call a 1 hour meeting in Chicago to discuss the INFO DRAFT
which you will publish as your own work.  You can of course credit
anyone you wish with having contrivuted to its content;-)...

So, yes, please put a list of issues that need attention on the
mailing list and lets see what happens next!

Cheers...\Stef

From your message Thu, 11 Jun 1998 03:18:23 +0200:
}
[snip]...[snip]...[snip]...[snip]...[snip]...[snip]...[snip]...
}
}I am quite sure there are issues to discuss in the informational
}draft, i.e. that there are controversial recommendations in it.
}Certain things which initially were in the standard, and which
}were removed because they were controversial, have been moved
}to the informational document, and they might be controversial
}also in that document.
}
}Should I write a list of what I believe are the most controversial
}points in the INFO document?
}Jacob Palme <[log in to unmask]> (Stockholm University and KTH)
}for more info see URL: http://www.dsv.su.se/~jpalme
}Between 26-31 June use phone No. +46-8-664 77 48 not +46-8-16 16 67