Subject: Student at DSV will look at MHTML implementations
From: Jacob Palme <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 18 Feb 1999 15:11:29 +0100

A student at DSV, "Anniqa Lundström" <[log in to unmask]>,
will write a master's thesis by looking at different
implementations of MHTML. Her work will, hopefully, provide
good input to the decision on how to progress MHTML from
proposed standard to draft standard.

She has just started her work, and does not yet have a
definitive time schedule, but hopefully she will have som
part of report ready in August or September 1999.

If any of you have suggestions on some software, which she
should test, then write to her about this. Or if you have
any other input of value for her work. She may also contact
some of you with questions. For example, it is important
that she tests the latest versions of the different
implementations, so she may contact implementors about
this. I also understand that some implementations have
"hidden" facilities. For example, Netscape supports
Content-Location, but only if you set a hidden preference
settings, which is not part of the preferences dialogue. So
in order to use Content-Location with Netscape, a user has
to edit the preferences file with a text editor. (This is
what I have heard, I have not tested it myself.) So this
kind of information about hidden facilities is of course
important for her to get as input to her work.