Subject: Re: Protocol Action: MIME Encapsulation of Aggregate Documents, such as HTML (MHTML) to Proposed Standard
From: Einar Stefferud <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 16 Feb 1999 14:13:58 -0800

As MHTML WG Chair, thank you all very much for completing this
difficult year long process of final approval for our MHTML recycled
drafts at Proposed status.  There certainly were a lot of hiccups all
around.  It is really good to have it finally done.

As I recall, the work originated with a BOF at the '95 Dallas IETF, so
the entire process took a little over 4 years, which is twice as long
as MIME required.

At this point, I gather that the next step is to declare the MHTML WG
to be deactivated while work continues to advance the MHTML standard
to DRAFT STATUS.  If it needs to be reactivated at some point, a new
Chair should be selected by the WG, as I am not the person that is
needed to complete the work.

It has been a very interesting exercise, and I am sure it is well
worth all the effort it took.

Cheers...\Stef

From your message Tue, 16 Feb 1999 09:27:19 -0500:
}
}The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft MIME Encapsulation of
}Aggregate Documents, such as HTML (MHTML) <draft-ietf-mhtml-rev-07.txt>
}as a Proposed Standard. This document replaces RFC 2110, currently a
}Proposed Standard.
}
}
}This document is the product of the MIME Encapsulation of Aggregate
}HTML Documents Working Group.  The IESG contact persons are Keith Moore
}and Patrik Faltstrom.
}
}
}Technical Summary
}
} This memo defines a means of encapsulating multiple HTML documents
} (or other documents) inside a single MIME message, such that the
} documents included in the MIME message can refer to one another
} using URLs.
}
} This is a minor update to RFC 2110, to address implementation
} concerns found with the first version.
}
}Working Group Summary
}
} This is a very minor update.  The working group reached consensus
} on these changes.
}
}Protocol Quality
}
} Keith Moore reviewed the spec for IESG.
}
}Note to RFC Editor:
}
}Please remove the parenthetical question from the
}Security Considerations section of this document.