Help for ESFO-L Archives

ESFO-L Archives

Subject: Re: NEW BOOK - FURTHER INFO.
From: Pamela J Stewart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 3 Sep 1999 15:14:57 -0400

One of our ASAO colleagues suggested that I post further info. on the New
Book that we listed a few days ago on this server.

'Curing and Healing: Medical Anthropology in Global Perspective'
A.Strathern and Pamela J. Stewart (1999)
Durham:Carolina Academic Press
FAX (919) 493-5668
ISBN 0-89089-942-8

Chapter One. Introduction
Ch Two. Regimens of Treatment: Humoral Systems (1)
Ch Three. Humoral Systems (2): Papua New Guinea
Ch Four. Curers and Healers: The Melpa
Ch Five. Duna Ritual Practices and Healing
Ch Six. Medical Pluralism
Ch Seven. Illnesses and the Emotions
Ch Eight. Ethnopsychiatry
Ch Nine.  Spiritual Healing: Charismatic Catholics
Ch Ten. Airs, Waters, Places
Ch Eleven. Fertility and Reproduction
Ch Twelve. Communication: Doctors and Patients
Ch Thirteen. Critical Medical Anthropology
Ch Fourteen. Conclusions: Curing and Healing

Best wishes,

Pamela